Moving on....have you seen our DT Call yet? So far, we haven't had much response so hopefully there are a few people out there who might be able to join us. You can find all the details you need for applying by clicking HERE.
Right now though, as it is the first day of a new month, it is time for our next challenge to get started! Here is what you need to know...
The BasicsWhile you can find out ALL the information you need to know in order to participate in the challenge by checking out the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page (or by clicking HERE), here is a refresher of the basics.
- Anyone can link up as many Christmas and/or December holiday themed cards (including Happy New Year's cards) throughout the month with an ANYTHING GOES theme.
- Every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper.
- Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Anyone who submits a card adhering to the monthly theme, will have the chance to win a prize from that month's guest sponsor.
- Every holiday card you submit to the link up, earns you one chance to win a special digital Christmas kit that will be offered up after the year is complete.
Optional Theme: Welcome to the North Pole
Welcome to the North Pole. On the left is the road that will take you to Santa's Workshop. Follow to the right and you'll find the Penguin Pavilion. Unfortunately, its Santa's busy season and with just 24 days until the big event, the elves are just too busy to take you on a tour. However, you are more than welcome to take a look around by yourself. Just be sure not to touch anything or you will end up on Santa's naughty list. Oh, and be sure to grab a cup of cocoa and a candy cane from Mrs Claus before you head back home.
In order to have a chance to win the prize from our wonderful guest sponsor this month, be sure to include an element that might be found in the North Pole (fantasy version of course). Examples include: elf type images, Santa, Mrs Claus, presents, toys, images that have a sign for the North Pole in them, penguins, reindeer, polar bears, etc. If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize.
Remember, you don't need to follow the theme to link up your cards and earn a free paper each month, and have your name thrown into the year end draw for some extra digital goodies. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win this month's sponsored prize of a $10.00 gift certificate from Limited Runs.
Talking about Limited Runs, it is time to refresh ourselves with the details of this great returning sponsor...
Limited Runs has a LARGE calorie free sweet shoppe filled with over 120 different cupcakes, something for almost every occasion. It's not all cupcakes there are tons of Christmas, Halloween, Backgrounds, Fairies, Critters and More to see. The store has gone through a re-vamp with new digital stamps added in all the time so pop in an take a look around things. Everyone knows you can't enjoy a cupcake without a coffee so there is a place to even pick up a cuppa. There's always a little something for everyone to enjoy and grab the monthly freebie so you can sample before you buy and add to your collection.Check out all the fabulous images that the Sleigh Belles got to work with this month for the start of the challenge. You'll get to see the images that the Merry Maidens worked with at the midway. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to the page they are located on in the Limited Runs store...
Santa Headshot (Christmas, section: 71-80)
Penguin Cupcake Set (Christmas, section: 21-30)
Igloo Penguin Cupcake (Christmas, section: 11-20)
Red Nosed Reindeer (Christmas, section: 71-80)
While team members had the option of working with any of my Décosse's Dynamite Doodles papers, I did create a special set called Welcome to the North Pole. Check out the preview...
Everyone who links up a minimum of two cards during the month of December will earn ONE of the digital papers from this set. The specific paper up for grabs will be shown during the winner announcement post. Additionally, one random winner will earn the full set of papers.
Have your say in determining which paper will be offered to those who link up a minimum of two cards this month by completing the poll in the sidebar on the top right hand side.
I'm also attempting something new here that might get more poll participation. I've built in a link up right here that allows you to 'like' a particular paper. I'm still going to keep the poll for now as I have no idea whether or not this will work.
DIGI PAPER POLL
Please click "like" to choose the ONE paper that you would like offered up to participants who link up a minimum of two cards during the month of December. Poll will be open until December 31st, 11:59 p.m.
Now check out what the Sleigh Belles came up with to inspire you. Clicking on the names will take you to the individual blogs where you can check out the details for all these wonderful cards...
So what are you waiting for? It is time to link up your Christmas and other holiday cards for December! Whether you choose to link up two Anything Goes themed cards simply to earn your free paper this month, or you choose to also follow the optional theme to have a chance at the sponsor's prize, it is completely up to you!
If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
We have a packed month as usual; so, Pat and I and the rest of the gang hope to see you back with us soon!
- Join us on December 8th or 9th, when we hope to publish the names of the winners and top picks from Challenge #22.
- Then, be sure to join us again on December 15th, for our midway post where you'll get to see cards created by the Merry Maidens!
- Then during the third week of December, Pat should be here to share a Christmas tradition and.or recipe with us all.
- Other special posts may be published throughout the month. Be sure to sign up to have our posts delivered by email or follow us through Bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing!
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Each month we'll include a summary of details for the particular challenge taking place. If you are new, please be sure to familiarize yourself with all the details and rules in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), December 1st - 11:59 p.m. (23:59 hrs), December 31st, 2016.
- If you wish to receive the free digi paper being offered up for this month, you need to link up a minimum of two (2) Christmas or holiday themed cards.
- This is NOT a progressive challenge. You can jump in at any time.
- Only a maximum of three (3) entries will qualify for the draw for this month's prize of a $10.00 gift certificate from Limited Runs.
- No backlinking.
- Make sure when entering your project that you mention The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up in your post with a link back to this blog.
- Please remember to link directly to your blog post where we can see your creation, and not just the generic link to your blog.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Okay so I'm trying a new link up. Only problem is that you can't see it in preview mode so I don't know if it is set up properly. If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to leave a comment.
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #24
Please link up your Anything Goes Christmas and/or December holiday themed CARDS with the optional theme of Welcome to the North Pole, below. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the theme. Please see above for all the rules and details.